Sheriff Lodge is committed to the accessibility of its resources and services to all its guests with disabilities.
We will work with the users of our services and other service providers to provide reasonable accommodation where possible. If you have a question about the accessibility of any of our services or resources, please contact Kate & Alan
We are making as many changes as possible to Sheriff Lodge to enable us to cater for guests that suffer from disabilities.
The very nature and layout of house make it impossible for us to provide wheelchair access to anywhere else other than the ground floor (when we provide meeting, conference and celebration facilities).
This does not and has not stopped us from examining in detail just what changes and enhancements we can make to make everyone's visit as enjoyable as possible. Don't forget though -
Our breakfast menu is in large print and we have all our guest information available in large print as well. Alan is currently working on ways to make this website available as audio files.
Safety of our guests is of paramount importance to us and we are examining ways, and equipment, to assist us in raising the alarm, should we, God forbid, ever have a fire.
If you would like to hear this website read out through your speakers then click here to visit the Natural Voice Reader website where you can download a free text to speech reader that will read the text on these pages
We have invested in sure grip cutlery to assist those that may have grip problems.
We have fitted one of our bathrooms (The Dray) with a grabrail over the bath, a removable seat for use under the shower, and steps to assist in getting in and out of the bath.
We are always on the lookout for innovations that can help in improving any aspect of Sheriff Lodge. If you have any ideas that could help us in this then please don't hesitate to call.
All the detail about Sheriff Lodge
This access statement is designed to give as much information as possible to those with disabilities to assess the suitability of Sheriff Lodge as a suitable destination. If you feel that there is further information could be included then please let us know and we will include it.
All doorways in Sheriff Lodge are of a standard width (80cm)
• All guests can access our website which has a link on its homepage to a Large Print version. In addition a link can be found to a website that will read the content of www.sherifflodge.co.uk out loud.
• All guests are asked whether they have any special needs and whether they have any special dietary requirements. This is done via the telephone and through the use of e-
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Our car park is off-
Main Entrance & Reception
• The main entrance door is protected by a porch and the access to the reception, once inside, is over smooth, solid, dark oak, wood flooring. The distance from the door to the reception is approximately 6 metres. There are no steps along this route.
Public Areas -
• The main public area -
Public Areas -
• Access to the toilets on the ground floor is only usually made by those using Sheriff Lodge for meetings etc. They can be accessed via the owners lounge. Access is down a single step (18cm), across the lounge, and up a second single step (18cm). There are two sets of toilets accessed in this way -
• Each of the five rooms at Sheriff Lodge is accessed via a staircase.
• The first floor is reached by climbing 15 stairs, each of which is 18cm high. The Mousehole is the first room on the first floor and consists of twin beds that are seven feet long by three feet wide. In addition to the beds there is an armchair and a dining chair. The room is provided with a remote controlled colour television that has a remote controlled DVD player beneath it, which is also capable of playing CDs. There is also an alarm clock radio on one of the two bedside tables. In addition there is a dressing table with a mirror attached. This room has an en-
• The second room on the first floor in The Dray and contains the same facilities as The Mousehole but The Mousehole contains a bath rather than a shower cubicle.
• The second floor is accessed via 14 stairs which are each 20cm high. The second floor contains two rooms, The Loft and The Nest. Each of these has same facilities as The Mousehole.
• The Mousehole and The Loft rooms each contain an en-
• The Dray and The Nest have the same facilities apart from the provision of a bath rather than a shower cubicle. Each bath has a PowerShower over it and each has a grip handle on the wall over the bath.
• In addition we also provide (where required) a step to assist guests into the bath and a seat for guests to use in the shower.
• We also have sets of suregrip cutlery for those with grip problems. We also provide a large print menu for breakfast.
• Address: Sheriff Lodge
• Telephone: 01629 760760
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website: www.sherifflodge.co.uk
• Grid reference: SK 294 606
• Hours of operation: 0700hrs -
• Local carers: Doctor -
• Local public transport numbers: Trent Barton Buses -
Hulleys Buses -
East Midlands Trains -
• Local accessible taxi numbers: J&B Taxis -
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01629 760760 or email email@example.com